4.18.2013

The Greatest of these is LOVE~

Today is our blog circle again and this time we are talking about a favorite quote.  Here is the quote I've chosen for today~


"it is good to love many things, for therein lies strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much,  and what is done with love is well done."
-      van gogh-

I had a completely different quote to talk with you about today.  In fact… I almost had my post for this blog circle done last weekend.   I had created some artwork with a joyous springtime quote to go along with it; something fun, lighthearted, fluffy even.  



But that was before Monday.  Before two bombs were placed at a joyous event and set off to create death, mayhem, and dismemberment.  Horror beyond belief was what I was left with Monday



I was thinking about Spring.  How much I love this time of year.  I love to go outside each day and see the progress that 24 hours has brought to all the growing things outside.  What’s new, what's beautiful, what's blooming, or just poking it’s new head up out of the ground.




But that was before Tuesday.  That was before someone sent an extremely toxic and poisonous substance to some of our country’s leaders.  It was before a horrendous tragedy happened in Texas yesterday.  Before an explosion took out half of a town… where it caused mayhem, death, and injury.

Here’s the painting I finished on Sunday evening.  Yes, I’m still going to share it, because this was the LOVE I felt on Sunday.  







"it is good to love many things, for therein lies strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much,  and what is done with love is well done."
-      van gogh


In the Bible it says that Love covers a multitude of sins.  It says in the Bible that Faith, Hope, and Love abound, these three, but the greatest of these is LOVE. 

Are we born inherently good, or inherently evil??  I know for myself that I am inherently selfish.  I know that if I don’t CHOOSE love consciously, that I will sub-consciously choose selfishly for myself.  It’s part of the human condition.  So, today, I choose love.  I choose love consciously.  And I hope that when I open my eyes tomorrow morning that I will consciously choose love again; And again, the day after that.

I know this post is heavier than anything I’ve ever written before. Maybe it’s because I’ve been sick for the past two days and I’m weak and kind of out of it.  I think it’s because I have been reminded again that Love is what makes life beautiful and bearable.

Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,


HuGGs!
Debi

Click on the link to go to the next blog in our circle!












6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Debi, so powerful. And yes, I choose love today too <3 And I guess I need to google about what happened Tuesday. Feel better soon!

Nancy Lennon said...

Hi Debi. I changed my quote too as a result of the boston bombing tragedy that was weighing heavey on my heart. I really like your quote and the scripture you chose to share. Blessings to you, Nancy Lennon

Karrlin Bain said...

Debi ~ I LOVE what you have shared. I believe that you have selected wisely by choosing love quotes. My favorites are from the Bible! Thank you!

Becky Cavender said...

beautiful post. :)

Genevive said...

this inspired me Debi. thank you for your very inspiring post.

http://4goldeneggs.blogspot.com said...

Debi, sister dear because of God's love for us,
Thank you for posting this. Your choice of words has moved me and blessed me. Love is almost always the answer to every challenge, question, need, worry, or want. I hope you are able to post again soon. My sister Teresa Swanson introduced me to your blog and I am thankful.
Blessings in the journey,
Rebecca Howell Gibson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...